Friday, June 24, 2011

“A daughter is a little girl who grows up to be a friend.”–Unknown Author

 

image

 Arenal & Manuel Antonio

Accommodations: Hotels

Distance: 100 miles

Time: not sure how much faster it will be in private transportation

Accommodations: Hotels

Companions: 3, my wonderful family!

 

 

I can smell the the sweet aroma of plantains drifting into my room as my abuela tica makes dinner. The rain pours down outside, just as it does every day, and I listen contently to its pitter pattering on the roof. This foreign place has become my home, and these people have become my family. I can now comfortably walk the streets of San Jose, confident of where I am at. However, I’m not in Iowa and they aren’t my real family. Luckily for me, I have a wonderful family that is coming to visit me tomorrow.

At one o’clock tomorrow afternoon I will be eagerly waiting outside the airport for my mom, my aunt Gail, and my cousin Maggie to make their way through customs. I can hardly believe they will be here in 24 hours…no less…19. I miss my mom so much. We are best friends and I have never been away from her for this long. I told someone yesterday that my family was coming and they responded with, “Wow, they must really love you a lot.” And that just made me smile. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family.

The next week promises to be an exciting family adventure that will take us hiking in the rainforest, up a volcano, swimming and hot springs, and finally to the beach. This means there will be no blog posts for a week, but I have no doubt that I will have a lot to report upon my return!

P1040270

“I love my mother as the trees love water and sunshine - she helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights.” - Terri Guillemets

1 comment:

  1. Say hi to my sweet sisters and you guys have a fun week. We head to the Phillips campout and on to Canada (fishing)- back in two weeks...

    ReplyDelete