Wednesday, June 8, 2011

“You don't take a photograph. You ask, quietly, to borrow it.”–Unknown Author

The saying goes that a picture is worth a thousand words. Well, I truly believe that it is worth more than a thousand. While I have been blessed with a camera, I do not claim to have wonderful photography skills. However, upon occasion, I am lucky enough to capture some incredible moments. I have been sharing these moments on my blog since I arrived in Costa Rica; however, I have not been able to share them all. I am now denoting Wednesday as a day of show (and no tell). I will let these pictures speak for themselves with little commentary, except for the occasional quote, which I can never resist!

P1030543

 

“A good snapshot stops a moment from running away”. -Eudora Welty

                         P1030594

 

 

 P1030770     P1040061     P1040100

  P1040399

 

 

 

 

“If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera.” -Lewis Hine

 

 

 

 

 

 

P1040245

“Through the blackest night, morning gently tiptoes, feeling its way to dawn.” -Robert Brault

1 comment:

  1. Hannah, your pictures are breath-taking and the quotes you find to match them are so inspiring. It all leaves me with a such feeling of awe-- that I have just experienced something holy.
    Grandma C

    ReplyDelete