Tuesday, June 7, 2011

""Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

I have to admit my blogging has been a little inconsistent over the last week. I have been extremely busy with school, and, to be honest, during the week there usually isn’t a great deal of exciting things that happen and are worthy of writing about. However, I did visit the National Museum today with two of my classmates. It was actually our second time visiting. The museum is very interesting. Costa Rica has a very old history starting well before the birth of Christ with the indigenous people. There are numerous different indigenous tribes that have inhabited the tiny land of Costa Rica for thousands of years. 254068_2093295213846_1289260359_2500903_7645587_n[1] 

At the museum, they have a large display of what appear to be giant balls of cement. No one knows what they were used for or why the indigenous people made them. I have to give a presentation about the history of Costa Rica with my two friends and my friend on the left is going to present the theories of why the people carved these strange, perfectly round, balls and what they could have possibly been used for. Personally, I am very interested to hear what he thinks. They are a true mystery….

The museum also has a butterfly garden. I love butterflies. I can’t wait to go to a larger butterfly garden in Costa Rica. Their colors are unreal; They look like they have been painted. The one on the right is actually a Blue Morpho,  so when it opens its wings it is a brilliant blue color. The back side of the wing is actually brown as well; however, the iridescent covering causes them to appear bright blue.  

P1040492    P1040494    P1040531

No comments:

Post a Comment