Thursday, June 9, 2011

“Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today is a gift. That's why we call it the present.” -Babatunde Olatunji

I loved my adventure into the depths of the rainforest last weekend. Nevertheless, this weekend it is back to the beach. We will being going to Dominical, a tiny surfer’s town on the Pacific coast. image

Dominical

Distance: 60 miles

Travel time: 5 hours

Transportation: Bus

Accommodations: Hostel

Friends: 1

Today is a Fiesta at school, although no one seems to know exactly why. When I asked my friend Mitch, he said, “Who cares, there will be beer. I’ll be there.” So, I guess I will just have to go find out.

I am looking forward to spending some time lazing on the beach reading my new book this weekend. I have used my research skills (thanks mom) to scope out a humongous waterfall nearby that I am looking forward to hiking to. Dominical is also known for its beautiful sunsets. I am hoping for another great weekend. I still can’t believe I am having this experience, I feel so blessed. 

P1040750

 

 

 

     “Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for  you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage, and confidence.”
-Og Mandino

No comments:

Post a Comment