Thursday, July 7, 2011

“Begin doing what you want to do now. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand, and melting like a snowflake.” -Marie Ray

image

Guanacaste:

Accommodations: Hostel

Distance: 130 miles

Time: 7 hours

Companions: 1

I am in the last month of my wonderful adventure. I really love my Spanish class this month. I am taking a conversation class where we sit and have extremely interesting conversations for 4 hours while learning un montón of new vocabulary and phrases.  My trip has taken me to crystal clear waters, to the depths of the rainforest, and to massive waterfalls. I have been to the Caribbean and the Pacific, visited a volcano, and tried to surf. This weekend I will be visiting the one major destination in Costa Rica that I have not yet seen, Guanacaste. The region in the northwest of Costa Rica.

On my plane ride to Costa Rica I met an adorable Costa Rican couple that told me that their three favorite beaches in all of Costa Rica were in Guanacaste. It is beautiful, or so I have heard, and I will soon be able to testify to this myself!

I hope to spend the next three weekends on the beach. There are no beaches in Iowa (which may not surprise you, but was a great surprise to my host family) so I want to take advantage of the wonderful playas in Costa Rica. My mom brought be several books and more sunscreen when she visited last week so I am prepared for a weekend maravilloso on the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment