Tuesday, July 19, 2011

"Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem a turned it into an opportunity." -Joseph Sugarman

As I am writing this I am sitting in a wonderful little café, the sun is inches away from hitting my already suntanned arm. The heat of the day is welcome after the extended period of rain. I am alone. I want it that way. Time to work, absorb my surroundings, think, and drink coffee. There are two Costa Rican business men sitting next to me chatting over espresso. A German couple and their little girl are diagonal from me and several empty bottles of beer sit on their table. It is an odd feeling because I understand the business men, but not the traveling family. I regret that I have lost nearly all of the German I have learned.

I feel like I have really found myself the last few months. This is where I am happy. Sitting in a café, hair blowing in the wind, thinking, working, content. I have learned to appreciate smaller things, I have accepted that my quality of life suffers when I try to accomplish too much, despite my odd obsession with stress. I only hope that these simple lessons will return with me to the the states. Every experience has the chance to teach you a great deal, and this experience has certainly been no exception.

While here I have begun to realize my priorities in life and I have designed a tentative roadmap for the next few years. Of course, the path I take will be very different than the path I am set out on. But no matter what, I know that I can learn from everything that happens, good or bad, and I also know that no matter where the path leads me I will always have my family there to support me.

No comments:

Post a Comment