Sunday, July 3, 2011

Parte dos: “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who are alive.” – Howard Thurman

DSC_0216

Our journey through Costa Rica to Manual Antonio was long and curvy, but being Phillips girls we had no problem chatting for several hours to pass the time. On our way we stopped at Rio Tárcoles, where we spotted crocodiles lazing on the shore. 

Manual Antonio was filled with wildlife. While we lounged by our hotel pool a troop of monkeys decided to make an appearance. There were about 20 of them in total.

DSC_0251

Our tour through the national park introduced us to many more animals. Here are just a few:

DSC_0263 (2)

DSC_0284 (2)

            DSC_0266

DSC_0293 (2)

      

DSC_0313 (2)

“In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.” -John Muir

DSC_0281 (2)

Our next adventure was amazing. Here is what happened… I was standing on the edge of a nearly 200 foot waterfall, attached to nothing, wearing a harness, prepared to walk down the waterfall. I peered over the edge, inching closer and closer until I felt my life was at risk. Soon it was my turn. I was about to repel down a waterfall. Not next to the waterfall, not near to it, but directly in it. It was insane. The water pummeled our legs as we carefully lowered ourselves down the face of the falls. It was incredible. Thousands of gallons of water rushed by creating a deafening roar. Unfortunately, I didn’t have my camera, but I stole these from online to show you what we did.

All in all I had an excellent time with my family. To be honest, when they left, I couldn’t help but wish I was on the plane with them. I love Costa Rica and all of the wonderful experiences I have had here; but I miss my family and Iowa. It will be wonderful to return and see everyone again.

P1050284

I will make the most of my next month in Costa Rica. I don’t want to miss out on a single minute of my Costa Rican Journey.

  

1 comment:

  1. Hannah,

    So glad that your family came to visit. It really sounded like a good time. I'm sending my best thoughts to you from Iowa. AND have a great last month in Paradise!

    -Brock

    ReplyDelete