Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet." - Stephen Hawkings

Mi segunda dia de clase... just kidding! I won't do that to you, plus it is going to take me a little while before I could actually blog in Spanish. Clase went well today; afterwards I went to a cooking class at the university. I was so excited when I found out they had one! It was only me and two other students. Every Wednesday we will cook traditional Costa Rican food. Today we made gallo pinto, which means spotted roster. It is seasoned rice and beans, speckled with sweet chilies, corn, onion, and cilantro (don't worry, Paul, if I make it at home I will leave the cilantro out). I have eaten it now for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

On my way home from school, as I walked lazily along, I noticed fruit trees that I hadn't seen before. I'm not sure why I was so excited about this, but it is just incredible to me to be able to see a mango hanging from a tree.  It is so beautiful. You see tropical plants everywhere and the mountains surround the city. On the down side, I found a cockroach in my room this morning


The top picture shows mangos, which, if you have never tried, are incredibly sweet and delicious. They are a little hard to cut up, but when you have a sweet little host grandma who does it for you, it's no problem! On the bottom is a lime. I just wanted to pluck a mango from the tree and eat it!



No comments:

Post a Comment