Tuesday, May 3, 2011

"Nobody will believe in you unless you believe in yourself." -Liberace

Today's Top 5:
1) The first day of class was bien! There are just 7 other students, so it's very interactive.
2) While walking in San Jose I watched two parrots land in a tree. That definitely does not happen in Iowa.
3) My host grandma cooked traditional Costa Rican Food for me. I tried yuccachayote, plantains, and other things I haven't figured out exactly what they are yet. In addition, I've had wonderful fresh papaya, mango, bananas, and watermelon.
4) I went to a bar for drinks with some friends and my friend was going to leave a little of her drink and the waitress came and gave her a plastic cup so she could take it with her.
5) I am so thankful to be here. I have already made great friends, seen beautiful things, and I love my host family.  
My Host Sister - Karol
<> <>
My Host Grandma - Virginia












Q&A
Thank you to those of you who have left comments! I finally figured out how to enable it so ANYONE can leave a comment, even without creating an account. Sorry for before!
Q:What kind of camera will you be using & what editing program do you use. Can't wait to see the photos you will be taking.
A: I am using my little Panasonic Lumix 14mp, and I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager for my editing. Nothing too fancy! I hope to one day take pictures as amazing as the ones you take! Grandma is always showing me gorgeous pictures of the places you’ve been or the beautiful river that runs through your village.

4 comments:

  1. Hi!! So this is actually going to be an offical comment (instead of my short dumb ones earlier). I hope you're having fun; it sure seems like you are. I feel like I should be trying to type in spanish to you, but I've had a year off from that and I really don't feel like butchering it! I got your text today! Thanks for wishing me luck! I think I did alright, it wasn't too bad at all! I'm so glad to be done, it just stinks cause I can't see you! When you get back we need to do something really fun!! Love and miss you :)
    -Britney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Han!! I'm trying to comment again. I hope it works! How are things going? It seems really good. Your host family is very cute! Talk soon! Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mangos are my favorite. Sounds like time for fruit smoothies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cooking class sounds great!! Good idea!

    ReplyDelete