Thursday, May 19, 2011

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?" -Frank Scully

image
Montezuma
Distance: 120 miles
Transport time: 6 hours
Means of Transport: Bus and ferry
Accommodations: Hostel (bed this time)
Friends going: 3
What I will be doing!
This weekend I am heading to Montezuma. We will take a bus to Puntarenas, a ferry across to the peninsula, and then another bus to get to our destination. Montezuma has a bunch of gorgeous beaches, rainforest, and its main attraction for my friends and me, waterfalls! Not only are there a bunch of waterfalls, but there is one you can jump off! It is more than 30 feet tall. Here is what I will look like on Saturday! Ok, I may have a bit more hair, and I promise my swimsuit will have a top half, but you get the idea.

In addition, there is a 2 hour hike along the beach, and through the rainforest, to a huge remote waterfall. The problem is you have to start at five in the morning to avoid the unbearable heat. I am going to try really hard to convince one of the guys that are going with me to tag along. I have my fingers crossed.
There is also a haunted beach… hmmm… we  will just have to see what adventures this weekend brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment