Sunday, May 1, 2011

First Day: “Without new experiences, something inside of us sleeps. The sleeper must awaken.” – Frank Herbert

The day has finally arrived! I am on my way to Costa Rica, currently flying over some part of the middle of the United States on my way to Houston. This isn’t my first blog post; I actually wrote my first post several months ago in a state of giddy anticipation of the trip. But now it is really here. My first full year at UNI is over. I had an awesome semester. I made tons of amazing new friends, volunteered, went on a road trip, took the MCAT, and finished organic chemistry. It kept me busy, to say the least!

Friday and Saturday were emotional days as I said goodbye to friends and family. My mom woke up at 3 am and drove me down to Cedar Rapids this morning. From there I went to Chicago and now on to Houston. Unfortunately, there is bad weather in Texas so the flight is an hour longer and I am scheduled to miss my final flight to San Jose, Costa Rica. I am anxious to arrive so I hope that by some small miracle the gates are next to each other and the five minutes I have to catch my flight will be sufficient. If not, I’ve never been to Texas before and I suppose I will experience Houston! J

I hope that I can stay in touch with everyone through this blog while I’m on my trip. PLEASE ask questions or write me a quick note. I would love to hear from everyone! I hope you enjoy my blog
A few tips on how to post a comment. First, click on the comment link. Then write your comment. At the bottom you will have to select: comment as ___. If you have a google, yahoo, or msn account choose google account and just sign in like you normally would. viola!

Day Zero of my Costa Rican Journey and here are my stats:

Spanish skill level: terrible
Skin color: pasty white
Number of Costan Rican friends: 0
Number of Costa Rican boys kissed: 0
Lowest Latitude Reached: 35° (Crete)
Money Spent: $0
Pictures taken in Costa Rica: 0*
*The final stat here is going to shock you J

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a bummpy ride into Texas - Good Luck. We'll look forward to following you adventures.

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you got there safe and sound. Can't wait to hear about all your experiences!

    ReplyDelete