Thursday, May 26, 2011

“Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.” -Seneca

image

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bocas del Toro

Distance: 200 miles

Transportation: 3 buses & a water taxi

Travel Time: 9 hours

Friends on the Trip: 1

Currency: USD

Today I will head to Bocas de Toro in Panama, which borders Costa Rica to the South. Bocas is a whole collection of little islands in the north of Panama in the Caribbean. I plan on snorkeling, laying on the beach, and hiking while in this tropical paradise! Expect beautiful pictures upon my return on Monday afternoon!

In addition, this afternoon I will complete my first Spanish class! I can’t believe the improvement I have made in just 4 weeks. Class starts again on Tuesday and I am excited to learn more. By the end of the summer I want to be able to babble in Spanish (my poor family!). !Hasta lunes!

Q&A

Q: Is the color (of the eucalyptus trees)  natural or local art??

A: The color of the trees is completely natural. The trees shed multiple layers of bark every year. The thing is, each layer sheds at different times and produces patches  that are first green, and then  as it matures, it turns bluish, then orange, purple and maroon, creating the art-like ‘paintings’ on the trees. How cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment